Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transom exhaust, what to do with ....

Just a couple of questions....:D

I am going to be installing transom exhausts on my Sealine, and I was wondering what to do with the existing exhaust bellows, do I just remove it and leave as is?

Also I am going to be going with fresh water cooling, do I also just remove the water pipe from the back of the leg, or do I take the impeller out as well?

Many thanks in advance

Adrian

If you are installing thru-hull exhaust, you will need to remove the y pipe and put a cap on the gimbal housing to plug it off. You will need to remove the engine to access the y pipe bolts. You can leave the exhaust bellows in place.

For the water pump, it is best to leave the impeller, and just cut the water hose. It will just spray the water around the bellows area. Some people do remove the impeller, but I would rather see you leave it, so the drive can get a slight cooling affect from the water passing through it.

Tech Support

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me.

The Engine is already out as I am doing a re-power, and I have already taken off the Y pipe and capped the hole.

I have the leg off as I am fitting new bellows and trim/tilt senders, is there a need to refit the exhaust bellows, or can I just leave them out as well?

As for drive cooling I am going to fit a shower anyway.

TIA

Adrian

Comment

You can leave the bellows off.

Tech Support

Comment

Many thanks for your advice.

Adrian

Comment

Working...
          X