No announcement yet.

overheat in gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have ran the engine without water connected. especially trying to get the engine back together, there have been times where i would run it for just a "few seconds" to try to adjust something or make sure it would start and stay running (went through a bad starter and carb issues too). I was not aware they could not run without water even for a brief time, i had in mind it was only for engine cooling.

i will call on Monday, hopefully i will get the parts for the weekend - bet river will be busy though! thank goodness for the warranty! I still find it odd why it totally stopped moving water in gear though.

again, thank you for reading on the weekend!

Comment

does someone make a bucket big enough to get around the prop, short enough to find under the gimble and high enough to reach the impeller?

Comment

You don't want to use the bucket is what BT was saying. Just still with the hose set up, and make sure you have enough pressure. In the lake, the drive is submerged enough that the water level is at or above the impeller anyways. Also, make sure you are not starting and running the drive while it's too high up while testing at the ramp like that. If the impeller is out of the water line you can have the same issue, and it is VERY hard on the ujoints as well.

Comment

Working...
        X