Alignment & Paint Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment & Paint Problems

Well I was able to get 1 of my 2 SE106's assembled. When I started with with the second I got the lower all ready to go, unboxed the upper, grabbed hold of the case up by the yoke & came away with a handful of black paint chips. The paint is flaking right off. Not what I was expecting from my brand new drive. I went ahead and tried to join the two together but lacked about 3/16" of coming together. I finally noticed that it appears that the rear alignment pin is crooked, it's somewhat angled in towards the center of the case. Can you give me any suggestions? I don't want to hit with a hammer for fear of cracking something. I thought about cutting it off but don't know if it serves a purpose. I definatly don't want to do anything to void my warranty. Also thought of drilling hole bigger. Just don't know what to do.
    Lower #56566
    Upper #57018

You should be able to tap it straight with a hammer, your not going to crack anything, and it has a fault free warranty, so if something did happen it's covered.

I apologize if the paint is flaking off. It is hard to get the paint to stick to some of the machined surfaces. If you are not happy with it, please give the warranty department a call.

Tech support

Comment

paint

Tech support,haven`t had that happen with the drives installed so far but being curious about the paint process, do you acid etch the aluminum surface
      or use an etching primer.I ask because I use Zinc Chromate and never had issues
      Ed

Comment

It goes through an acid etch dip.

Tech support

Comment

Paint problem

No response from you on the paint peeling off the top of the upper case on a 106 drive. Has only been in the water 10 hours (testing motor) and never off the lift due to a overheating problem with the engine.I sent pictures but not even an acknowledgement. Why is poor prep our problem ?

Comment

I don't see where you posted anything concerning this. It definately has something going on with that top cover though. Give the warranty department a call at 813-925-7127 with the serial number and they will get you taken care of.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
            X