Lost forward and reverse while cruising at 3000rpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost forward and reverse while cruising at 3000rpms

While cruising at 3000rpms i lost forward at reverse. The boat seemed to go to neutral. Got towed in. On trailer with boat in forward, prop does not spin counter clock and when i spin prop clockwise it has a clicking noise but spins without to much resistance. When boat is put in reverse complete opposite. Prop cannot spin clockwise but can spin counter with same clicking noise. no grinding or noises from drive. I have never hit anything not even sand.

The operation you described is normal. The prop will lock one direction and ratchet the other.

The problem you had could be several things. After it seemed to slip out of gear, did you try to move it again, and did it work? If so, then you should be looking at the engine coupler, or the prop hub.

If not, then it could still be the engine coupler, or possibly the drive.

Give us a call on Tuesday and we can walk you through it.

Thanks,

Justin

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      The operation you described is normal. The prop will lock one direction and ratchet the other.

The problem you had could be several things. After it seemed to slip out of gear, did you try to move it again, and did it work? If so, then you should be looking at the engine coupler, or the prop hub.

If not, then it could still be the engine coupler, or possibly the drive.

Give us a call on Tuesday and we can walk you through it.

Thanks,

Justin
      Hey Justin,

Took cover off of upper and found what was left of the roller bearing. Ouch! I will call you Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
      X