Unable to remove bottom oil drain plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to remove bottom oil drain plug

I am trying to remove the bottom oil drain plug but I'm having no luck budging the screw. Now the screw is almost stripped and I'm wondering what the best way to remove it is. I've read online that it's not good to drill it out but I'm not sure if there is any other options. Please let me know what the best way to remove it if it's completely stripped. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-29200-Ha...6411229&sr=8-1

That is the proper tool to use on a stuck plug. It may still work if it is not stripped out completely. If it is stripped out, you could use a dremel tool to try to cut a new slot. If it is less than 3 years old, you may just want to call the warranty department and send it in for us to fix.

Tech Support

Comment

The screw was too stripped for the driver to work. I ended up taking the lower unit to Meinekie Muffler and they welded on a small washer and then a bolt. After he let it cool he just cranked on the bolt and the plug came right out.

Comment

Glad to hear it worked out. I used to use that method to get out broken studs years ago. Thanks for reminding me about it.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X