Water Pump Front Nut Loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump Front Nut Loose

I received new upper and lower units today (SE 106) and noticed that the front water pump nut is not tightened down all the way. I haven't done anything to the units, just looked at them and repacked in the foam.

I am not going to ship these back from Canada for this, BUT, does this indicate that other aspects of the lower drive need to be looked at closely? I was thinking of pulling the water pump housing off to look at the impeller for the proper rotation set in the rubber or too much set in the impeller from sitting too long, and to lubricate the rubber prior to installation to protect it. I have the Merc service manual so I can get the torque specs.

This is a disconcerting quality control lapse. Please inform your assembly department, and if you need more info or pics I can provide them.

Any suggestions for more pre-installation inspection would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Kencat

I apologize, that is unusual for us. If you can post the serial number, that would help. It shouldn't be necessary to pull the housing off, but it wouldn't hurt. We do assemble all winter long, so the impellers do sit in the housings for up to 6 months. A little bit of water soluble grease would help to protect the impeller on start up.

Comment

Thanks. Serial is 96801.

Comment

Working...
      X