Upper Drive Continuity Washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Drive Continuity Washer

I received new Upper and Lower Drives today. Looking at the back of my current Upper Drive, at the RH lower stud hole, there is a washer that is teardrop shaped and it is screwed into the drive above the stud hole. The new SE 106 upper does not have this washer screwed on, nor is there a similar washer in the installation kit that I ordered. There is a small hole (untapped) for a self tapping screw? above the stud hole.

I assume this is a continuity washer to complete the grounding between the upper drive and the bell housing. I could be wrong though, let me know.

Please advise about the expected procedure here. Am I supposed to use the old continuity washer? Is the screw a self tapping or is the hole in the SE 106 supposed to be tapped? If so what thread?

Seems strange SEI would not provide this washer since it is on the Merc Alpha One.

Best Regards,

Kencat

You are correct, it is a continuity washer that the OEM uses. We do not use it as we find the drive has continuity just fine with out it. If you wanted to install it, you could, however the hole is a little large so you have to drill out the washer to a 1/4 and use a 1/4 self tapping screw.

Comment

Working...
    X