Apparent failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparent failure

Going back to the slip this afternoon when abruptly there is clattering noise coming from the back of the boat. We immediately stopped moving because the prop wasn't turning. We were at idle speed. Luckily we were within 100 feet of the slip and some folks helped us with a line when we paddled close enough. all the while the engine was still idling and when we got into dock the temperature was high. This is a cold running boat. Anyway after looking around it was apparent that the water pump was not functioning. The drive shaft is turning. The shift lever would move fore and aft, but there was 0 resistance. This is a shame because the drive had worked and shifted flawlessly and is a little over a year old. I am pulling the boat tomorrow night and I will post what I find.

I'm sorry your having an issue. It sounds like the upper unit most likely failed. Please call the warranty department at 813-925-7127 with the serial number and they will get you taken care of.

Tech Support

Comment

Thanks for the reply. When I mentioned drive shaft I meant the splined shaft from the coupler to the yoke. It was turning. The prop was not. The shifter had no response, like it was not connected. The drive and rear shift cable were replaced at the same time and have less than 50 hours on them. Like I said the drive and shifter were functioning fine before the problem occurred. The noise (loud), shifting malfunction and overheat happened when the drive failed. The shifting is in the lower so maybe both units failed. Stuff happens so I will see tonight. Thanks again....

Comment

Working...
      X