Gen I or Gen II ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen I or Gen II ???

What is the difference between an Alpha Gen I and Gen II? Is one stronger than the other? If the Gen II is better, will it bolt directly onto my Gen I gimbal? Thanks

A gen II is basically the same internally as a Gen I. With the Gen II you get a longer lasting water pump and a gear lube monitor bottle inside the boat. You can install an aftermarket gear lube monitor on an Gen I.

A Gen II will not bolt directly up to your Gen I bellhousing.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

That is what I wanted to know. I do not use the water pump, my water is pulled through a grate on the hull and the outdrive never comes out of the water, even at full speed. Thank you

Comment

I just bought a 79 sea ray that seems to have a gen 2 Alpha bolted on a pre alpha bellhousing. Is this possible? With modification? The trim rams seem to be too long , thats what tipped me off that something was wrong.

Comment

It is possible to modify the gimbal assembly to get a Gen II to fit.

Tech Support
          Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
          X