Impeller Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeller Installation

I am in the process of changing my impeller. Does it matter which way the impeller is installed? Which way does it rotate?

The only thing you need to worry about is getting the blades of the impeller going in the right direction. What i do is install the impeller with the key on the drive shaft. Then i put a little bit of grease in the water pump housing. Then set the water pump housing on the impeller. Next, rotate the driveshaft clockwise (While looking down at it) while pushing down on the water pump housing. Now it will be intstalled with the blades facing the correct way.
    Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Water Pump Alignment

Thanks for the quick response.
      Now that I've changed the water pump impeller, I'm trying to put it back together. I can't get the copper tube lined up with the water pump. Any tricks?

Comment

It sounds like you forgot the Guide Tube. It is a plastic tube about 4 inches long. It is supposed to be installed on the water pump housing. If you have the guide tube installed it will be very easy to get the copper tube lined up.
        Tech Support
        Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
        X