Installing a drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a drive

How difficult is it for a person with general mechanical experience to change a drive themselves? And if I do the work myself is the warranty still valid or do I have to have an authorized dealer do the install to get the warranty?

Intalling the drive is not difficult at all. You really don't need any special tools, unless you need to check the alignment. You could take it to a dealer to get the alignment checked. Otherwise, basic hand tools will be all that you need. The complete sterndrive does weigh about 100 lbs., so it might be a good idea to have someone help. We will have an install guide up in the near future. If you have any problems installing our drive you can also call our tech support.
    The warranty will remain valid no matter who installs it.
    Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

That sounds great! I'll be contacting you soon so I can get up and running.

Comment

Go here to see our new install guide:

http://www.sterndrive.cc/pdf/se106installation.pdf
        Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
        X