brass shift lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brass shift lever

hi, how does the brass lever get captured when you instal to the bell housing;;thanks

The lever gets captured in the shift fork in the bell housing.

Tech Support

Comment

ok how do you hook that fork to the brass lever?i must have missed something in the manual----thanks

Comment

With the shift lever at the helm in forward the fork will be straight. When you slide the drive on with the intermediate brass shift shaft pointing forward it will slide into the fork.

Tech Support

Comment

shift cable

ok did the install---but cable is tight , do i have to do a cable adjustmnt?

Comment

correct unit

did i get the correct unit 305 v8---they sent me a 106 was that corrct.. thanks

Comment

If your boat is older than 1990 the 106 is the correct drive. The change to the 116 was during 1990-1992 and all years after.

Tech Support

Comment

brass shift lever

I just went thru this,If you had to join the upper and lower units togeather,The lower unit MUST be in foward before you slide the upper onto it. If you put the upper on without the lower in foward there is a good chance that is where your problem is.One spline off will cause jproblems in the shift adjustments.
                Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                X