Water volume problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water volume problem

se 106 installed and I have only put on 5 hours so far. At idle the water flow out the exhaust tips is not suffient to cool the exhaust tubes. It seems to handle it at 1000 rpm and above. I put in a set of silencers in the tips and it immeditately made severe hot spots in the rubber tubes. I took them out. What show the flow be for this water pump and how do I check the flow. What standards should be met?

The best thing to do would be to inspect the impeller or just replace it and try it again. If the impeller has been in there awhile it could have taken a set, or possibly a blade is pointing the wrong direction.

Thanks,

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

This is a brand new unit. Just purchased and installed. So I have no way of Measuring the water flow to see if it is adequate? When I remove the outdrive do I need another gasket set for the bell housing and the oil seal between the upper and lower?

Comment

You can just pull the lower off, so you won't need any new gaskets or seals.

The impeller should produce 3.8-4 gallons per minute at 1000 rpms, but you have to take into consideration the ratio in your upper unit. The engine rpm is different from the water pump rpm.

Tech Support
        Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
        X