U-Joint Bellows Alpha One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-Joint Bellows Alpha One

Hello, I understand it is possible (but difficult ) to R&R the U-Joint Bellows in an Alpha One (1989 vintage) without removing the bell housing (with only the stern drive removed). What is your opinion of this ???
    Thanks, Scott

It is possible, but it is much more difficult than having the bell housing off.

Tech Support

Comment

bellows follow up

I have successfully installed the u-joint bellows (after 4 trys) with the bell housing still attached. This is very difficult with the rearmost wormscrew clamp being the hardest. I did not use the recommended adhesive on the final attempt but instead used vaseline. I have reattached the outdrive and excersized the tilt dn/up full travel. bellows has remained in place. I have yet to lake test . Will keep posted after lake test.
      Scott
      Note: I did attach the rearmost worm screw clamp first and then attached the forward one . This did work out better than previous attempts.
      Scott
      Last edited by searay160; 10-27-2007, 07:55 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Comment

follow up to follow up

Well , I hit the lake today for 3 or 4 hours I towed a coupla teens around wakeboarding. No problems noticed, no unusual sounds or leaks. Everything seemed to be operating normally. So far so good !!!
        S.

Comment

Working...
        X