Water pump problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pump problems

Hi, gave my boat a Christmas present 2 new 106 legs. Took it for a run last weekend all good allthough 1 engine a little warmer than the other. I decided to pull the heat exchanger out and clean it, did the other one last year. After putting all back together I was supprised to find it did not pump water. I removed the water strainer to check for flow from leg but there was no water at all. The boat was on its mooring at the time and offcourse the legs were in the water. I checked the intake and it was clean, I was able to blow through the leg and suck water up through the leg with a hose and mouth so am confident there is no blockage. I will pull the boat out of the water in the next couple of weeks when it can be organised. It is extremely disapointing to fit 2 brand new legs to ensure relibility only to have to pull the boat back out after just 2 months and replace a pump (or 2?? after reading some of the reports on these legs). The legs have done under 20hrs which is just run in. Any advise would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    Trev

Impellers can fail for a number of reasons. If the water inlets are blocked for even a brief amount of time the impeller will fail. If you run the drive through sand you can quickly wear down the impeller, although it shuold still pump some water at higher RPM's. You will have to remove the impeller and inspect to try and determine the cause for failure.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X