No Reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Reverse

In December of 2005 I purchased a complete sterndrive SE106 from your company. I have a problem that perhaps you could shed some light on. My boat will no longer shift into reverse. Forward shift is just fine and neutral idles just fine. To troubleshoot, I disconnected the lower shift cable. With the engine off I pulled the cable out as far into reverse as possible and the prop still spins freely. No clicking, no resistance at all. It worked up to now. Not perfect, but it always worked. The shift shaft is pointing directly foward when in forward gear. It has always been difficult to get reverse working. Always been very little space at the end of the cable for reverse and now there's none. If the drive requires more degrees of revolution to get into reverse then what can I do besides get the lower unit worked on? If I have to get it worked on, what specificly would need to be replaced? Your help would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear of the problem with your drive. I suspect a problem with the shift spool. Unfortunately this can only be verified by disassembling the lower unit.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X