Considering SEI106 Drive...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering SEI106 Drive...

I am thinking about purchasing either an entire SEI106 drive, or just the upper. I have a couple questions:

1. I have a 1987 Alpha 1, 120 Engine. Am I correct in assuming that I need the new style 1.94 ratio drive?

2. If I purchase just the upper, does this have the three year warranty or the one year warranty? I presume that if I buy the entire unit (upper and lower) the three year warranty applies...

Thank you for your time.

Yes, you would need the new style 1.94 ratio upper, our part number 90-106-01A. The three year warranty applies whether you purchase an upper, a lower, or a complete drive.

Tech Support

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response. Your warranty is exceptional. It looks like I'll be buying at least an upper, or possibly an entire new drive in the next couple or three weeks.

Regards,
      Matt

Comment

If I elect to buy just the upper portion of the drive, are there additional seals I will need to replace? The lower is 20 years old, but in good shape...

Comment

You should purchase part number 95-106-01 bell housing gasket kit. This will give you new orings and gaskets for the bell housing and drive. You also should purchase part number 94-102-04 quad ring. This is the only seal between the upper and lower. It seals the oil passage between the two halves.

Tech Support

Comment

I see the bell housing gasket set - I was going to order the install kit to get new hardware, as my existing hardware is all bunged up from the PO. I presume the install kit contains all of the component from the bell housing gasket set as well?

Also - I cannot find the quad ring part number you gave me - 94-102-04, nor can I find it by searching for quad - can I buy that part from you when I buy the upper, or do I need to get it somewhere else?

Comment

The bell housing gasket kit is in our install kit. The quad ring is included in our impeller kits but we do not sell it separately. It is a Mercury part number 26-45577 and you can get it at a local dealer.

Tech Supply

Comment

Working...
              X