still no reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still no reverse

I installed a se 106 on my sea ray seville 120 hp last year and could not get reverse adjusted. Had boat shop install a new shift cable and still could not get it to shift in. He told me it was the unit "excessive throw in the shift lever" is what he told me. I pulled the boat out of storage and tried to get it adjusted and the unit has been on and off alot. I sent it back to sei as a last resort and of course they sent it back nothing wrong. Talked to boat mechanic again and he is certain it is the unit. WTF do I do. I am frustrated and pissed. The old unit shifted fine before and I put the new one on and havent used my boat since. I need a solution or a refund. Please, any advice would be apreciated.

Look closely at the shift slide to make sure it is going all the way back into the bell housing against the hex part of the brass fitting on the cable. Also make sure that the fitting is screwed all the way in. If you don't find a problem there call our warranty department at 813-925-7127 between 8AM & 5PM Eastern Time M-F.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X