Trim Cylinder Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Cylinder Help

One of my trim cylinders started blowing oil from the upper housing. I bought a rebuild kit from my local dealer, which is just an over-priced outer tube minus the collar nut and guts (steel rod, piston, etc). Seemed pretty straight forward - the guts of the old cylinder get transfered to the new housing... I had an initial problem getting it to work becuase I failed to recognize the metal sleeve inside old unit and trasfer it to the new replacement tube, but I got that corrected and have it all together now.

However, I cannot get either the new ram or the old one to move... Do I need to bleed the hydraulic lines? or something basic I am forgetting? The pump seems to run fine, but I get no movement on either ram.

Worst case scenario - which one of your relacement rams would I need for an SE106, which replaced a 1979 Mercruiser?

The trim cylinders are self bleeding. You may have assembled something incorrectly. Our trim cylinder part number 9B-102-01 will work for you if you have the lines going to each end of the cylinder. If both lines are at the front of the cylinder you will need to purchase our hose kit, part number 9B-102A. In order to use our hose kit you have to have a manifold box at the bottom of the gimbal housing with connections for four hoses.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X