Oh, please tell me some good news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, please tell me some good news...

Was just about to put the two halves of my new 106 together and found that I needed the web for instrusctions--, so I degreased my paws and trudged up to the computer room, only to find that your instructions require a recent version of adobe, which will not load onto a computer with Windows ME--UGH!!!

Tried just downloading the exploded views, but they dont show shift shaft details--DOUBLE UGH!!!

So, I winged it, and wound up installing the shift shaft with the WASHER on the top, and no cotter pin in place. Will this be sufficient configuration until such time as I pull the drive off for winter maintenance this fall? Seems to me that the shift shaft is retained by the mechanism on the bell housing, so it SHOULDN'T be able to go upwards to any extent.

If I have to pull it back apart, I certainly will, but if I don't have to--well that would be two hours sooner that I could actually hit the water.

Thx

The washer does go underneath the upper and is held in place by the cotter pin. The way you have it should not affect anything as the brass shift shaft is captured on the lower shift rod and the shift shoe in the bell housing.

Tech Support

Comment

shift shaft install

Excellent, that is what I was figuring as well. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
      X