Relieving trim pressure still stuck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relieving trim pressure still stuck!

Alpha 1 outdrive is stuck in trailer up position. Relieving pressure in trim system by loosening down hose and up hose connections does not lower unit. My manual indicates that the unit should lower when I relieve pressure. I've applied load (my weight) to the lower unit and unit is still stuck in up position. Any ideas?:) :)

If the drive has been stored in the up position it may take a good jolt to pop it loose. If not, you may have to remove the trim cylinders and repair or replace.

Tech Support

Comment

Trim Problem

Trailer switch works and can lift the Alpha drive to the fully upposition. However the trim up does not turn the pump motor on, i.e., no noise and no indication on voltmeter. The trim down switch turns the pump motor on but there is no outdrive movement. So the only thing that works is the trailer switch. Any ideas?

Comment

The trim limit switch will only work in the lower portion of the travel. If you are higher than the trim limit switch is set, the motor will do nothing. It is also possible that the trim limit switch is bad.

For trimming down, it sounds like the cylinders are really stuck (which you seemed to indicate before) or your pump is not creating the proper amount of down pressure.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X