Cooling problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling problems

since changng my reverse rotation lower unit, I am having engine over heat problems. It appears that the lwer unit quits pumping water at 2800-3000 rpm, changed impleller at 27 hrs, engine runs 25-30 degrees hotter thanit idid with old mercruiser lower unit. Any suggestions?

Inspect the water passage way for any obstructions. If the old impeller broke up you will need to find where the pieces went. Verify that your temp gauge is working properly. I would again inspect the impeller and all the water pump components ( housing, base and gaskets ) to make sure there is no problem.

Tech Support

Comment

impeller looked fine nothing roken, water flow is hgh volume till boat is on plane, water flow drops to a very low volume. At slip heats up quickly to 170+ water flow looks pretty good almost a full hose diamater? Pulled hose off on plane almost no flow

Comment

Call our warranty department at 813-925-7127 between 8Am-5PM Eastern Time, M-F . Please have the serial number of the lower unit available for them.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X