Vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration

Purchased a new lower unit 106 this past spring. Installed well and when through the proper break-in as recommended. Have had some issues with shifting since installation, made many adjustment but can't seem to get just right. Netural is difficult to find.
    This outdrive has been considerably louder (gear roar) than the factory stock unit. I expected this somewhat because of bolting a new lower to the old upper, but it is really loud. My main concern is the vibration it has developed. Not a constant vibration but intermitten and through out the power curve.
    I did install a new prop with the new lower unit and to my knowledge it has not been damaged. I plan to pull the boat next week for another inspection. Any suggestions on what to look for.
    Wayne e

I cannot think of anything to do with the lower or the prop that would cause an intermittent vibration. If it only happened at a certain RPM then I would suspect a problem with one or the other. Once you pull the boat and inspect the drive call our technical department at 813-925-7127 (8AM-5PM Eastern Time) and we can try to help you.

Tech Support

Comment

Exact same problem here. Just had it out yesterday for the start of break-in and immediately noticed noisier gear roar and the like. Now I'm second guessing myself on anything I may have done during install?

Comment

Working...
      X