SE 106 Shift Lever Alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE 106 Shift Lever Alignment

I received my new SE 106 upper and put my old lowerunit on it. By moving the driveshaft c/c and moving the shift lever to about the 2:00 position I could determine I was in forward gear. The same with the lever in about the 12:00 position I was in neutral and moving the lever to about the 11:00 position I could find reverse. My problem is alining the shift lever with the shift cover during and after stabbing. It all seems jammed, and I cannot shift at the control box. Any suggestions on how to stabb this thing ant aline everything the correct way?

Also, I am having a shift problem on my '84 JC Tritoon I have been rebuilding. I had to take apart my control box when removing evrything from the console. I guess I did not get it back together properly. The only identification on it says, "MerControl." Does anyone know where I can get some schematics of this control box?

shift

Thats a bit off, with the lower unit in a stand you should turn the splined shift shaft fully clockwise while turning the prop shaft counterclockwise to establish full fwd gear.make sure the SS washer is in place, place upper unit onto lower aligning upper shoe in a straight line.(inline with the prop,)
    FWD: shoe in a straight line 12:00
    Neu: about 11:00 (counterclockwise)
    Rev: about 9:30 (counterclockwise)

Comment

Working...
    X