impeller drive key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impeller drive key

i bought a se 106 last year put about 10 hours on it,it was very noisy sounded like a bad bearing or gear's not set correctly.changed the oil hd a o metal in it no chunks just flakes oil was silver,after oil change noise seems gone,put the boat in the water and not pumping any water overheated vary quick.pulled off the lower to ck impeller it was burnt, when i pulled it off the shaft the keyway was missing could this have been my noise?could this make the impeller fail ? i did not run it dry or pick up any sand.i was told that they are noisy without a load (out of the water with the ears on) just seems strange that the noise was gone when the impeller failed,i installed a new impeller kit and took the key out of my old drive,i will run it in the a.m and see if the noise is gone.have you had any other missing key's.how long should the impeller last under normal operating conditions

drive

Look again for that keyway, without it the impeller wont turn to pump water
    You put 10 hrs on it and it was fine, you did an oil change and put it in the water and it overheated.you found the impeller burnt.Somebody did a dry start to damage the impeller, takes only 10 seconds or less dry.
    Impellers should be replaced every 2 years regardless of hours used

Comment

Working...
    X