Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Installing New Drive

Hi, Need help.
    I am able to get the drive almost on. I was successful once. However when I tried to move the shift lever and cable, it only would move 1/4 inch each way. I tried to put the drive on again today watching what is happenning with the slide. Even with the drive barely on the bolts, the slide seems to get stuck and I can only get 1/4 inch movement either way. I checked the shift shafts. Both are forward. I even checked with a small mirror. They align. Without the drive I get full movement of the cables. What am I missing?
    Help Roman
    Is there a smaller shift shaft?
    Alpha bellhousing SEI 106

I would check to make sure the engine alignment is correct. You could also try to install it with out the o-rings on the input shaft and see if that is easier.

Tech Support

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Remember I was able to get the drive on fully once. What I was wondering is whether The shift slide could be causing me problems. Its where after putting the drive on it has problems moving more than a quarter inch.
      Roman

Comment

Only if the roller is falling out of the slide

Comment

Is there a way to keep the roller from falling out of the slide?
          Thanks again Roman

Comment

When you buy a new transom assembly it comes with a plastic holder to hold the shift slide. Some people will use those when installing a drive. Typically it is not a big deal. You just install the drive slowly and keep an eye on the slide.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
            X