Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One half inch to go

Hi,
    Brand new SEI 106. Got the drive on with one half inch to go. Simply will not budge the last half inch. alignment is perfect, everything is in forward. Please help, what am I missing.
    One issue. The shift shaft on the drive move a little beyond 12:00 when fully shifted in forward. Hwoever, when I put the drive together, other positions would put it far beyond or before that. This was the center most position. I bought the complete install kit.
    How do I make it the final 1/2 inch.
    Roman

1/2 inch to go

On the SE 106 I just installed, first one mine did go in kind of difficult the last maybe 1/4 to 1/2". Alignment tool would go in all the way easily, shift shaft was linedup. What mine felt like was it was coming up against something rubber. what I determined is the big rubber O-Ring (Very large O-ring that goes in the bell housing) seemed to be tight around the SE 106.
    Where as the old drive would slip in all the way.
    I installed the washers and nuts on the drive and started hand tightning the nuts, even then it felt like it was just compressing rubber and bolted up easily with very little force on the ratched. Torqued the nuts and everything shifts fine and I have run the boat for about an hour test run.

What engine do you have?
    I know the 4 cylinder chevy needed the 8-1/4 input shaft. Check input shaft length compared to your old drive. Maybe you have the long input shaft and you need the short one. The short shaft is typically only used on the older 4 cylinders and maybe 6 cylinders (not 100% sure).
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by starcraft21foot; 06-21-2009, 11:12 PM. Reason: clarrification

Comment

I have a 350 5.7 liter V8. I measured the input shafts from the old to the new. They are the same. I am beginning to wonder whether the large washer on the input shaft is the problem?

Still, please help with the last half inch Tech support.
      Roman

Comment

Working...
      X