Found problem 1/2 inch to go wrong lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found problem 1/2 inch to go wrong lower

I finally called a merc mechanic to look at my brand new SEI 106 as to what was wrong. Well the shift shaft is working the wrong way. When I fianlly got the thing on and the shift cable would not move Again? When we looked at the Alpha one that it is replacing, looking from the front, the lever on the alpha moves to the right to shift to neutral then reverse. One the SEI it is just the opposite. I am begining to wonder whether I received a counter rotating lower, which I did not order. So, I craked it open. When the shift lever is in the correct position, what should be forward is reverse, what should be reverse is forward. Now what do I do. Also, the upper and lower have different serial numbers. Could someone at SEI please help!
    Roman
    One other issue also, the shift lever will only go as far as 11:00, it will not go to 12.
    Thanks again Roman

The problem is most likely your alignment of the brass lever to the shift shaft in the lower unit. To set it correctly, you need to rotate the shift shaft clockwise while rotating the propshaft counter clockwise. Both shafts should lock. This is full forward. Now you can put the brass lever on the shaft pointing straight ahead.

A counter rotation unit shifts exactly the same as a standard unit, so if you had the wrong one you wouldn't even notice a difference in the shifting.

Tech Support

Comment

My apologies

You were right and I was wrong. I did have the shift lever in the wrong position. I cracked the two halves open again and eveything works great. The drive went on without a hitch.
      Sorry and thanks
      Roman

Comment

Working...
      X