Save $155 - open box SE106 1.47 drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save $155 - open box SE106 1.47 drives

Hope this is ok to post here -- if not please move or delete it -- but I'm hoping someone might benefit from my change of plans (and help me pay for the additional pair of new SEI drives I just ordered yesterday!)

I ordered two new SE106 1.47 ratio standard rotation drives from SEI in June but was waiting for my mechanic to change my bellows before installing the new drives. Well, last week I finally came up in my spot in his schedule, and he discovered that my transom assemblies were too corroded to accomplish the bellows change. So, he pulled the engines and is now installing two new transom assemblies. I decided that since the labor and effort was going to be so much already pulling the engines, I might as well go to generation II transom assemblies and drives so I've just ordered two (additional) new SE116 drives now from SEI on Saturday as well as two new install kits for those drives.

To pay for my new SE116 drives I'm selling the new but open-box SE106 drives I got in June on ebay. I opened the boxes, bolted them together with the five nuts and the allen bolt, admired how nice they look, and then have been waiting for my mechanic to do the bellows since then. Now they're unbolted and back in the original foam waiting to sell to someone else.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=130321582469 Lower Unit Standard Rotation

A longer road than I planned with my own boat, but having the remote oil reservoir of the generation II will be nice. I had to replace the speedometer pilot tube anyway, so that's built in too with the gen II I believe. And it gave me a chance to clean the bilge really well this way! Ironically the two trim pumps I also just bought from SEI and spent two hours installing because the screws were so hard to reach are now easy access. You never know though, and it's fun working on the boat (even when the screws were in a tight spot!)
    Last edited by Island; 07-28-2009, 10:24 PM. Reason: Have now sold both uppers and one lower; one SE106 standard rotation lower unit still for sale
    Island

Sold

Picked up the upper case you had on the buy now. Please PM or email me asap, would like to know when you can ship.

Comment

Thanks Opus. I sent you a message via ebay a couple hours ago with the UPS tracking number. It will ship out tomorrow. Many thanks!

(I still have the other SE106 1.47 upper and two standard rotation SE106 lowers on ebay too. And my new transom assemblies arrived today and my two new SE116's are set to be delivered Monday! Thanks SEI!)
      Island

Comment

Many Thanks

Thanks Island... Have a great weekend.

Comment

Working...
        X