Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower Installation and Remote Oil Reservoir Questions

Hello,

I just ordered my new drive this morning and am very excited to recieve it. After spending hours reading your forums, I am confident my experience will be great!

I ordered a shower kit as recomended by your site and others. My question is, it appears the shower kit is held down by one of the upper gearcase top cover bolts. After reading about the outdrive I just toasted, I know this upper cover has specific torque values and a sequence. When I install the shower on your drive, and assuming I do need to remove one of the top cover bolts, do I need to losen all bolts and re-tourque in a sequence?

Also, I noticed the remote oil reservoir kit is currently out of stock at Diversified Marine. The other alternative, the Merc brand, is very expensive. As others have asked, do you intend to offer a kit for the 106 soon? In other forums, you admitted to using these before - did you have good luck with them? My concern is that somehow the drag of the water will damage or pull the oil hose out of the vent plug or allow water into the drive. Should I be confident that these kits have been properly tested and / or that using this kit will not void my 3 yr warranty on your drive? Do any other members have any pictures of this kit installed on their boat? I cannot find any pictures online.

Thank you!

Nick

nick

i can tell u that the alpha (or the 106) did not have the remote res...aka the "monitoring bottle" and hose hook up. Merc starting using that with the bravo (or 116). However, if your boat has the hose, you can 1) remove the top drain plug on the 106 2) connect the right fitting to the end of ur hose 3) screw the hose w/ fitting where the drain plug was...that will work but can't answer if it voids the warranty
    Last edited by Grady 75; 07-21-2009, 10:25 PM.
    1975 Grady White
    165hp Mercruiser

Comment

Drive Arrived

Well, my drive arrived today and it looks pretty straight forward. I was dissapointed that the shower did not come with any instructions what-so-ever. It does appear that it bolds onto the upper drive top cover. Can anyone answer my question about torque values and sequence when putting the bolt back in?

Thank you,

Nick

Comment

You only need to remove the one bolt. The torque spec is 20 Ft. Lbs. You do not need to loosen all of the bolts and tighten it in a sequence.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X