Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transom seal kit req

Hi all,

I received my new 106, assembled it, removed my old drive and found a bunch of rust and oil in the u-joint bellows. New SEI bellows kit is sold at a great price and is fine for later models with grooved bellows flanges but sadly my unit S/N 2920063 does not have the grooves but rather a series of small bumps all around.
    Can you sell the kit with an old style bellows?
    Last edited by jerry@shotgunscores.us; 07-22-2009, 06:16 PM.

I am sorry, we do not have the old style bellows.

Tech Support

Comment

I suspected as much and bought the parts individually, ouch, at any rate I have a new style gimble bearing now and don't know if there is a front and aft side to it or if it makes any difference can you help?
      Thanks

Jerry

Comment

dosent matter on the gimbal, old school was if the bearing did not spin in the race, bearing replacement only. It may be installed either direction but slots aft will allow you to just change the bearing in the future.you boot is still available from any merc dealer or online.

Comment

Thanks BT Docteur,
          I have all the parts I need now but am still confused by the water hose length issue. I bought new 5/8" Sierra hose which measuresw 13 7/8"
          One of the dealer sites says to cut it to 13 inches. Someone on the forum here did that and hose came off. Can you tell me the correct length? I threw away the old hose.

Thanks
          Jerry

Comment

You DO NOT cut the hose. It is the correct size.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Working...
              X