Horsepower Rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horsepower Rating

I was just wondering about the horsepower rating on your drives? I have recently installed a GM 330HP small block crate engine (350). I was just wondering if it would be ok to use the SE106 drive with this engine? Do you have a max rpm that you recomend? Is it a good idea to use a external gear oil tank? Not looking to go racing (it is a cabin cruiser), just looking for a litter better midrange power.

Thanks

Mark

Mark,
    The drive will work fine. The important part is to take it easy out of the hole. As with any sterndrive as you increase power and RPM you will decrease the life of the drive.

An external gear lube monitor is a good addition to any boat without one.

Did you change out the headgaskets on the engine for marine ones?

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Thanks, and yes I did put in GM head gaskets with Stainless Steel that are approved for marine use, and brass freexe plugs also

It is great to see somebody in the marine industry putting out a quality product at a fair price. These days anything for a boat seems to come with a gold plated price tag, making it much harder for the average joe to enjoy boating.

Do you have any plans to offer a 1.32 ratio drive?
      I have heard that the 1.32 drives had stronger gears.
      Is this true?

Mark

Comment

We have not done any testing on the 1.32 Ratio but by looking at them they do look a little beefier than a 1.5. We have not produced the 1.32 ratio gears because there is not much demand for them.

Tech Support
        Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
        X