Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift problems on SEI 106

Hey all,

I just got my SEI Drive on, and went to the water to test today...

Well the forward and reverse work, but the 12'oclock position which is "nuetral" sometimes isnt.

When in Nuetral to forward the boat shifts fine..... But when going from Foward to nuetral, the boat sometimes goes right in to reverse....

When going from neutral to reverse it works, but reverse to nuetral it doesnt didengage from reverse until i go past the nuetral point almost into forward..

SO the "actual" nuetral in just in the forward position..... which is is obviously not supposed to be...

Any suggestion how to fix that.

Also, I have a "throttle only" button that i can use for cold start, but, now it wont let me push is in to use it... so starting is difficult when cold out.

All this started when i put the new drive one... (my mechanic actually installed the drive)
    1990 Wellcraft Eclipse 186
    4.3L Mercruiser

I would suggest adjusting the shift. If you are comfortable doing it yourself you can email tech@sterndrive.cc for a guide, otherwise take it to a mechanic.

As far as the throttle only button, I don't think the shift adjustment would make that not work. That would be a problem in the control box.

Tech support

Comment

Working...
    X