Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New SE106 seems a little noisy. Normal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SE106 seems a little noisy. Normal??

Maybe it's my imagination, but after installing a complete SE106 outdrive, we took it to the lake for a try. All worked great, (except some shift stalling and shift issues), but it seems that the drive is noisier than the original it replaced. The vibration and humming noises seem louder. Is it simply a breaking-in issue which will get quieter over time?

They usually are a little noisy at first, but should quiet down after the break in.

Tech support

Comment

106 noise

I just installed a complete 106 this spring, I have a 140 hp gm motor.
      Mine was noisy also and rough. I hated the noise and drove me nuts. However it started to quite down after the breakin and now with 102 hrs on the outdrive it is pretty quite, still not a quite as the old one.
      Make sure and change your oil in the first 10hrs or so like SEI wants. I still had a fair amount of fuzz on the plug the second time I changed my oil at 100 hrs. I changed mine at 8 hrs and 100hrs. Everything is working fine and plan on another good boating season next year.

Comment

The noise issue is pretty normal... However on mine i dint notice any noise from the beginning.... and have 25 hours on it now.
        1990 Wellcraft Eclipse 186
        4.3L Mercruiser

Comment

Working...
        X