micro switch issues--eng dying into gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• micro switch issues--eng dying into gear

this has progressively getting worse--i noticed finally because the throw is reversed that the piece of v shaped metal that pushes the micro switch when shifting hardly moves if at all ...my main concern is the shape of that piece that pushes onto it--its diff for forward and diff for rev.--do i need to get a special one ? or mercruiser set up?

The fact that the engine is dying tells me the switch is working properly. The most likely cause of your issue is a bad intermediate shift cable. That is the cable that runs from the shift bracket down to the drive. It is most likely getting stiff, causing excessive drag on the cable which then trips the switch.

Hope this helps,

Tech Support

Comment

i took off the lower shift cable this weekend --the crimp where cable meets at the end broke free and allowed water to enter cable---so yes your right-----my question --i bought the conversion kit from you 2 years ago almost exactly ---is this cable under warranty??

Comment

if not what is the stock part # for it

Comment

The shift cable only has a one year warranty. The part number for the cable from the OE is 19543A 4

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X